Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Why We Do What We Do...

I am the mother of 5 AwEsOmE kiddos. My husband and I are frequently asked why we decided to have a large family.

It all came naturally. One right after the next. All so different and wonderful. Each full of personality and love. They brighten the darkest of days with their smiles. I wouldn't trade any of them for the world.

And you can ask each of them how they feel about being apart of a large family. These kids of mine.....care about one another, protect one another and are the closest of friends (with, of course a fight here and there). But just ask Sam how many more brothers and sisters he would like to have...

"100 more" he told us not too long ago.

I told you, they are cool kids.

We are not your average large family. We are not the Duggar's. We do not wear family uniforms, go to church on a regular basis, our older kids do not care for our younger kids, no we do not plan on having 18 kids and being pregnant again. We are not as organized as 'Jon and Kate plus 8'. In fact, I can't even watch that show because she makes me feel...not so great about how disorganized I am. We immunize our children (shouldn't everyone?!), we don't homeschool because we believe in real life socialization and experiences.

Our children are well-balanced, hard workers, and loved by many. And that comes down to parenting. Not to toot my our horn or anything, but we're good at this and it shows *toot toot*.

But, I am organized enough to get up in the morning, 'cook' (you'll learn that I am not a fan of cooking and that Dan does most of the cooking around here), get 5 kids dressed, fed, lunches made, in the car and have ALL of them to school on time.

You'll learn another thing about me....I am NEVER late, I think it's rude.

So this is just the beginning of the fun. I dwell on a lot of things, so there is always a lot to say...

2 comments:

kate said...

Yeah! I can't wait - welcome to the blog world!

Laura said...

nice job, meg! i look forward to reading!