Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Just a Reminder...

Keep your negative comments to yourself.

Here's a good example from today...

I was at Walmart purchasing my newphew, Matthew, a birthday gift. I just had Anne this morning because Jack and Sam were in school and Will and Libby were in preschool this morning.

I was in the check out line and a lady behind me asked, "Is she your first?".

"No, she's our 5th", I replied.

"Oh that poor baby, she had better enjoy the few minutes of attention", she said to me.

See, that is mean and hurtful. Does Anne look neglected to any of you in the slightest way?

I know many of you are tired of me complaining, but it gets to me. It shouldn't, but it does. And thanks to moron comments like this that I have had the upmost pleasure listening to over the past 6ish months, I am feeling down and can't. get. out. of. this. funk.

So let it be known.....

Our kids are loved and cherished in this house. Our fertility is none of your business.

Another fun comment came in this afternoon, (don't have anymore kids because..), "we should enjoy the stages that our kids are going through now". Like we don't.

Is everyone just jealous of us, or are people just really that ignorant?


Did you just hear that?

Yep, that was Meg opening a beer.

2 comments:

Susie said...

I had the same kinda of comment from a cashier at the grocery store. I stared at her name tag and then looked her in the eye and said, wow Sherrie, that was VERY rude, thanks for making me feel so warm and fuzzy while I am shopping. She was soooo flustered trying to apoligize.

Laura said...

I would have just politely said "We manage. Does she look like she doesn't get enough attention?". Sometimes just simple and direct does the most good. I don't think people mean to be rude. They are trying to be conversational and don't realize how it sounds.