Monday, October 6, 2008

The Ties That Bind...

Tomorrow is the last morning that Anne and I have together alone before she turns one. I know it sounds pathetic, but she and I are going to have a lot of fun!

Anne and I are going to go out and get ready for her birthday. We are having a birthday celebration for her on Saturday with my parents, my sister and my brother in law. We are going to order her cake and buy her first pair of shoes (well, I am going to just buy her Robeez, but they work well for new walkers).

I have decided not to feel down about this. Why should I be? She's this beautiful, unique, one of a kind little girl that has blessed us in so many ways.

I was thinking about the kids this afternoon as we were outside enjoying yet another beautiful afternoon, watching each of them. They are all so different. Yet, they each play such a big roll in our family. They each bring something different into our lives. Jack is our problem solver. Sam is caring and compassionate. Will is our comedian. Libby has a zest for life that is contagious. Anne, with her anxious personality, reminds us how fragile life is. Watching them zoom around me, all I could think to myself was, "Nobody is this lucky". But we are...

OH! I did not see the crazy honking lady at the preschool today. I told my mother (the shrink) about it this afternoon, and do you know what her advice was for dealing with the honk-honk lady? GIVE HER THE FINGER BACK! WhAt?!! Sue-G may be a psychotherapist, but now you all know where I get my little temper - LMAO!! But, I believe in karma, and decided (ahem, Laura) to take the high road and just let it go. See, Meg has turned a new leaf. I don't feel liberated yet, but I guess that comes with time (?).

1 comment:

Laura said...

you have a great outlook on your kids, and whether we like it or not, anne will turn one this week. so i guess we better like it, huh? lol