Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall...

It's just the best time of year. The weather has cooled off and the leaves are changing colors. My seasonal depression is finally over.

Dan and I were talking today about New York. The one thing I really miss about being in New York is the Fall season. There was nothing like a drive down 218 with the leaves changing. Good god, I miss it. The Fall in the Hudson Valley is gorgeous and if you have never been there, I suggest going. I can still picture it vividly like it I was there yesterday.

Yesterday, Will and Libby had an accident in the front yard. I was talking with our neighbor and the two of them were chasing each other around the front yard. We asked them many times to stop, knowing someone was going to get hurt. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that two wild indians running around means that someone will eventually get hurt.

Suddenly.....

*SMACK*

yep, that is what we heard.

Both kiddos were on the ground crying their eyes out. They ran right into each other, face first.

Libby's eye started to swell, and I knew it wasn't going to be pretty in the morning.

At 6:25am, Libby started her day. I took one look at her and gasped. Her right eye was almost swollen shut. All I could think to myself was, "I wonder how Will is going to look".

Mind you, Libby had school this morning. *Great*.

I mean, I know kids will be kids, but come on! Nothing like sending your daughter to preschool with a serious swollen eye.

When Will woke up, you can imagine my surprise when he didn't have a bump or bruise to show for it!

When I dropped the kids off at school, everyone asked what happened to Libby. I think I told the story like a thousand times. A part of me wanted to tell everyone who asked to mind their own damn business. But, I shared.

Yes, it looks that bad. I will post a picture of it tomorrow. She looks as if she is wearing a lovely shade of purple eye shadow.

At least school pictures were last week :)

OH! I bought a Mum plant thingy today. It is HUGE, and yellow, and beautiful. I had never seen them that big before, and I just had to buy one. I am planting it in the 'busket' in the front tomorrow. SO EXCTING!!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

oh, poor libby! And I love fall too. it's my favorite season!