Friday, October 17, 2008

The Door to Door Salesman

I hate it when people knock on the front door trying to sell things. I think it invades people's personal space. Before today, the last salesman tried to sell me meat out of the back of his truck. YuCk! Who in their right mind would buy meat our of the back of the truck?! Chicken's are sick and the cows are going mad, and I'm sure the FDA would just love to know people are selling meat that way.

I was having a nice afternoon, until the doorbell rang.

It was a salesman that told me it was my lucky day *HA*. That he worked for a carpet cleaning company that didn't want money out of us *HA*, just wanted to show us how well his product worked so that we could pass the company name along.

I thought to myself, "Okay, why not".

Okay, well this guy worked for Kirby (vaccum cleaners). He really had a lot of pleasure telling me and showing me how dirty my house was, that "Oh My God", your kids live in filth.

So the Kirby is a bad ass vaccum. I told the guy that I would never spend more than $200 on a vaccum. He goes on to tell me that the Kirby was designed by NASA people and blah, blah, blah ($$$$$). And then he tell me the price.

$2200.00

SeRiOuSlY?

So when you freak out at the first price, they lower it, and then lower it again, and then lower it again.

By the time Dan told him to get out, his price lowered to $750.

See, they ALL try to scam you. No vaccum is worth $750. I wouldn't even buy a Dyson because I think that's a scam too.

You can never get these people to leave, either. I'm sure you could tell them to 'screw off' right to their face and they still wouldn't leave.

I would like to thank this moron for wasting 2.5 hours out of my day.

I totally understand now why in Texas you have the right to shoot people that are on your property. It's because of jerks like the one I had in my house today.

BUT, on a positive note, I learned something. I will never even open the door and try to be nice again. They could tell me that they are God himself and I would probably tell him to go to hell.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I hate door to door salesmen. I always try to pretend we're not home, which isn't easy with six kids and two dogs!