Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Thing About Halloween

First off, the kids had a blast! Jack and Sam's school is totally awesome and 'old school' where all of the kids still dress up in the afternoon and they have a huge school parade and then class parties afterwards. The parents are invited, so Dan and I always go. It's so much fun to see all of the teachers and kids having so much fun. We wouldn't miss it for anything.

By the time the kids came home from school, they we already high on sugar. Will also had a halloween party at school, so 4 kids hopped up on sugar is a sight to see around here.

We fed them dinner early. My parents came over, all dressed up which was awesome and histerical at the same time. My mother dressed as a hippy and my dad wore is 'old' army gear. Jack thought that was the coolest thing since sliced bread. He enjoyed telling all of his friends that his Papa's army gear was 'real'.

So the thing about Halloween is this; it's too much candy. And if you're like Dan and myself who have lost quite a bit of weight and proud of it, Halloween stinks.

What parent can keep their hands out of their children's goodie bags?! Not us!

The combo between one-too-many beers and a handful of candy isn't the best. We, or should I say I, am paying for it today.

Jack had his first sleep over last night at his good friend's house. The live right across the street, but I was still a little nervous. I slept with the phone right next to my head. Joe Cool came home this morning like it was no big deal. I should have known better not to worry so much. He'll understand one day...

The best part of the night was when the kids went to bed and all of my scary movies are on. It's just the best time of the year.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yep. I hear you. I've been eating little candy bars all weekend! blah!!