Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Kids Rock Ass

I am so proud of our children. Today, I had Jack and Sam's parent/teacher conferences. I had Sam's this morning and his teacher couldn't say enough nice things about him. How he is a friend to everyone, how hard he works, how polite he is, how she wishes she had a classroom full of kids just like him. What a way to kick off the day.

This afternoon, I had Jack's. Every year, the kids have to take tests given by the state of Missouri to make sure the kids are learning at an appropriate rate (or something like that). Jack scored in the 92%. That is just 4 points shy of gifted. His teacher said Jack wasn't feeling well the day of the test, so she's sure if we retested him, he'd fall into the gifted category. I'm not willing to retest at this point. He's only 8, and we don't push.

Will and Libby had their conferences a few weeks ago that went just as well (if you all remember, Will is our kiddo with 'above average scissor skills - lol!).

See, children of large families actually do get attention, learn to get along with many different types of personalities, are actually taught two of the most important lessons in life-hard work and work ethic, are well rounded, and learn at a young age how to solve conflict.

And it shows. FOUR children with EXCELLENT reports. I told you...Dan and I are damn good at this. *Toot, toot*.

"Don't handicap your children by making their lives easy".
-Robert A Heinlein

1 comment:

Laura said...

love those pay-off moments. Good job, kids!