Monday, November 17, 2008

Busy Days

It's been a busy week and a half. My new job at St. John's is already taking up a lot of time and I haven't even started yet.

For those of you who don't know, when you get hired for a job at a hospital, there is a lot of paperwork to fill out, physicals, drug testing, TB tests, and even more papers to sign and date.

So far, I've been through a two part interview. Today, I had my physical. 'No big deal', I thought to myself. When I worked at Cardinal Glennon, the physical was a snap. I walked in, the physical took all of 15 minutes, got my TB test and left (drug testing was at an off sight lab).

Today, my physical lasted an entire hour. And let me add that I was used as a pin cushion. I had to receive a Hep B vax, a DpT vax, a Flu shot, a TB test, and blood drawn. I also had a drug test. I came home with three very pretty band aids and the kids were very impressed that I didn't cry when I got my shots!

On Thursday, I have to go back to Human Resources and bring documentation to prove that I am a legal citizen, and to sign the rest of my paperwork.

I mean, good god. I guess this is their way of really making sure you want to work.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow! I'm tired just reading what all you have to do just to go to work, let alone the actual work part!