Monday, November 10, 2008

Dirty Little Secrets

A few years ago, my sister bought me a little book for Mother's Day. After reading it, I put it away in a memory box of mine. I found it the other day and some of the quotes really made me laugh, probably because I'm as guilty as the mother's who shared their, "Dirty Little Secrets from Otherwise Perfect Moms" (By Trisha Ashworth and Amy Nobile)

"My rule is beer at lunch and wine at 5. Wine at lunch feels like I have a 'problem' but beer just seems ok."


"We forgot to buckle our two-year-old up in the car...when we went around the corner, he flew over to the next seat and screamed 'f*$#ers'."


"I let my two toddlers eat Milk Bones right out of the box. I figure since they're not barking, they're fine".


I think I'll post one of these a week. Reading these quotes makes me feel super normal. And to think the mom's the wrote in their Dirty Little Secrets only had (no more than) 3 kids. See, I'm way more normal than they are and I have more chaos.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Nothing like someone else's disfunctionality to make us feel better about ourselves, huh? I think that everytime I go to Walmart! lol