Friday, June 26, 2009

So This Was A Tough Week

Okay, so you all know about the van. *Sigh*, the news on the van is worse than we thought. We thought it 'just' needed a new transmition. Wrong. The dealership has the replace the engine. No joke. The service manager told Dan that if the van weren't still under the extended warranty that they would tell us to 'buy a new car'. I guess the bright side is that it's getting a new engine. A four year old minivan getting a new engine. What an absolute joke. The van will be ready Wednesday or Thursday of this week. That can't come soon enough.

And our air conditioner that is four years old itself stopped working in the hottest weather of the year (so far). It was a quick fix, but it was stressful. Thank goodness it is fixed-tomorrow is going to be 98 with a heat index of......well it doesn't matter....it is going to be hotter than three shades of hell.

I am officially finished with work until after the baby is born. I have worked my rear off since December 1st, so this is a much needed break, but it will take me some time to get used to being at home again. The kids will love it and at least I get to enjoy my summer with the kids. Today, I went to Dan's Home Depot and bought some new flowers and then after picking the kids up from camp, we went over to my parents house to swim with my sister. We had such a good time! It's days like these that I am reminded how nice it is to be home.

No comments: