Sunday, June 7, 2009

I Have A Problem

I buy a ton of flip flops. I wonder if there is a medical condition applying to this matter.

What is it with flip flops you ask?

I hate summer. I hate heat. If you have never been to St. Louis during the summer months, you have no idea what I am talking about. We have humidity. St. Louis was just ranked the worst place to live if you suffer from Asthma or Allergies.

So Meg doesn't do heat. Nor do I like the feeling of sunscreen on my skin. Or sand. I hate the feeling of sand sticking to skin. I hate flying bugs and spray on bug repellent.

I dislike swimming in bodies of water (pools included). It's dangerous. People of all ages die from swimming. There is no such thing as being water safe.

Okay, so with all that being said, there are two things that get me through the summer. One: air conditioning. Two: flip flops.

I have no idea what it is about flip flops that I love, but they make me happy so Dan doesn't care how many pairs I buy. I just bought two more pairs from Old Navy. Dan brought me home two pairs from Florida.

My total number of flip flops this summer (so far) equals......8.

No comments: