Saturday, December 12, 2009

What A Day

Okay, so today was a long day. I woke up feeling like utter shit, and Dan is working all weekend, so lucky me.

The Big Boys are in basketball, so that entertained them this morning.

I took the Little Amigos to my parents house to help them decorate their tree around 9:30am. Every year, my parents buy a big, beautiful Frasier Fur. It smells so good (I could actually smell it through my one nostril that wasn't stopped up). The other reason I love going over there on this particular day is because my Grandpa Louis always makes an appearance through my father. I call it his once a year visit. For those of you who were lucky enough to know my Grandfather knows exactly what I'm talking about :)

Libby enjoyed playing with the manger scene (which later she told my Mother that Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus were playing hide-n-seek. Good luck with finding them, Mom). Libby and Anne were big helpers hanging ornaments on the lowest branches. I think they hung about twelve ornaments on two branches. Poor tree :)

Libby unwrapped an ornament that was for our old dog, Winston, and yelled, "It's Cash Money!". My sister would have been so proud.

I took the easy route for dinner and went through McDonald's drive through. I couldn't bare to cook. And I couldn't put up a fight when they all asked for Happy Meals. "You win", I thought to myself. $17 later....

After dinner, Jack wanted to watch "Cops" with me. I love "Cops". I think it is so funny. Unfortunately, the entire one hour episode was about arresting prostitutes.

So Jack was quiet during the first few minutes until he just had to ask, "Mom, what is a working girl and why is she getting arrested just because she gave that guy some money to give her a ride in his car?".

OMG, change the channel. And change it fast.

What do you say to that?

So I told him you can only give money to taxi cab drivers. I suddenly took a deep breath and thought, "That was an awesome response on short notice".

I'll admit, I totally panicked. I was reading my Discover Magazine and not really paying attention to the context of "Cops". Lesson learned.

That will be the last time we watch "Cops" together. Darn, I loved that show.

No comments: