Monday, December 21, 2009

Sad Day

Today, after 7 years, we said goodbye to Ladue Early Childhood Center.

We started Jack there when he was just two and a half years old. I still remember Jack's first day there. I was the mom crying and he was the excited, social child who jumped out of the car without saying goodbye.

Today, I was again the mom crying as all of the teachers who we have gotten to know so well hugged us as we were leaving.

As I look back at our time at LECC, we grew as a family. I had four babies while we were there. My children went summer camp there. It was a constant steady in our lives. My car knows the way there without having to direct it.

Being a parent, you try to make the best decisions you can for your children. Did I expect too much from this preschool? Did I not take enough personal responsibility as a parent regarding my children's education?

So, we decided to change preschools. Somewhere where I feel as if I'm starting all over. New people, new kids, new.....everything.

So it was difficult packing up Libby's things today and driving away one last time. Another chapter closed. Sometimes it all feel like too much...

I guess it's good that I have this winter break to get used to this change. I'm not sure if I ever really will.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

AH! I felt a tug at my heart as I read this! I can't imagine, you are brave and strong to start over if it's best for the kids. I have a found a great place for Mikey and after a mere 5months if we left I'd have a breakdown, leaving what we know and the comfort of it.

GOOD LUCK! You know the kids will do great at the new school, they adapt SO well!