Sunday, December 27, 2009

Total Confusion

(Typed Tuesday 12/29, 0043)

So many important decisions to make.

Dan's work schedule has changed, so we see each other very little now. I don't even know the next time we both have a day off together.

I am REALLY happy Christmas is over, maybe we can get a bit back on track.

I am finally getting over the two week plague (part II), and Evan is too, so maybe now we can all get some sleep.

I took Evan to the pedi today to try to figure out what is going on with him. Because of work, he's been getting a lot of formula. And I'm okay with that. Food is food any way you look at it. I don't judge mother's by how they feed their infant. We started Evan on rice cereal about a week or so ago. He LOVES it. I give him some for breakfast and some at dinner. I think it is his favorite parts of the day.

Long story short, he's wheezy. It doesn't surprise me...we already have 2 asthmatics. He is weighing in at 17 pounds, 15.5 ounces. Big boy! He is not even 6 months yet! He has dry skin, which is what is causing the rashes on his face. He is off of soy formula now, and on Similac Advance. The pedi thinks a lot of why he isn't sleeping is because he needs the solid food. When he wakes in the middle of the night (X2 or 3), it's to eat. That is the only reason.

So, I think we are headed in the right direction with him (I think). Babies don't come with instructions, and all six of my kids have been different, so this is a total trial and error type of thing!

Things are even more chaotic because the kids are on Christmas break. They miss seeing their friends, they miss the "normal" daily school routine. So do I.

Our personal lives right now are crazy and there is so much to figure out. I'm a little overwhelmed.

No comments: