Friday, December 18, 2009

Fa-La-La-La-La

I do enjoy this time of year. This year, things have been particularly busy. The weeks are flying by. I don't know where the past six months have gone...

So I decided to bake the other day. I enjoy cooking, but baking, not so much. I went online to Betty Croker. I found this recipe for Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies. Like make from scratch brownies. Took me forever to make these things. It was stressful. Nothing enjoyable about it. They turned out well, though. Thank God because they were gifts for the kids teachers.

Now, I'm in a little bit of a panic. I still have a couple of gifts to wrap. I still have to get all of the kids Santa gift from my parents house (the only safe haven where little eyes can't go peeking!), and we still have Anne's dollhouse to put together.

The issue is this, I have to work Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Libby's Christmas break starts Monday after school and the boys are in school until Wednesday. Things are crazy.

Could be worse, My brother and sister in law are getting 18-24 inches of snow this weekend. We just got a little rain, which is good, because I refuse to drive in bad road conditions.

1 comment:

Kate Hicks said...

I told you I would come over to watch the kiddos while you escape to mom and dads - take me up on it. Let Dan put the doll house together Christmas Eve, you have already done so much. Everything will work out perfectly and we WILL have a great Christmas this year. A snow in weekend would not be bad, Zach and I were saying how exciting it would be, as long as the power stays on - but then again, we wouldn't want to kill each other, so I don't know, hope it works out for them.

But for realzie - take me up on my offer, anytime Tuesday or Wed a.m. or after my lunch @ 1 ish, I just have to be at my lunch by 11 - I would love it and I know 3 little one's who would too. Hope you had a good night at work tonight. Fingers still crossed for Christmas Eve - love ya!! xoxo