Monday, January 25, 2010

Dark(er) Days

So, I'm not even going to beat around the bush.

I am freaking exhausted. Almost to the point where I can barely function.

Have I ever mentioned that Evan, as cute and squishy as he is, has only slept through the night like twice since he was born? And yes, he just turned six months old.

And, I'm not talking like he only wakes up once during the night. We are talking getting up two or three times. On nights like tonight, when I don't get home from work until a little after 2330, he will get up around 0130, 0300 and then again around 0430. I start my day with the other kids around 0615.

Needless to say, I get very little sleep. It is catching up with me now. Tonight at work I had a patient almost bleed out on me and I missed the warning signs. I'm just not like that, I never miss those things. You would have thought that a bp of 88/46 would have caught my attention.

The pedi thinks that Evan has colic. Babies usually outgrow that by four months, so I don't buy that. The thing is, he's a great baby until around 1600. Around that time, he kind of turns into a devil child. Satan himself, hell on earth. Crying, fussing, you name it, he dishes it out.

Did you hear that? It is 0051 and he's up. He's up a little early tonight. Good thing I have tomorrow off....

No comments: