Monday, November 23, 2009

How To End An Unwated Telephone Call Quickly

The phone rang this afternoon right as I was trying to get out of the house to take Evan to the pedi.

It was some guy calling from AG Edward wanting to talk to me about my 'long term investment plans'.

So he has his speech going....blah, blah, blah. I wanted to tell him so badly that my father works for Merrill Lynch, but even Meg couldn't get a word in edge wise.

Finally, he asks, "Do you have any long term investment plans that I can help you with today?"

I said, "As a matter of fact, I do".

I went on to tell him that my long term investment plan consisted of a boob job and a tummy tuck on my 40th birthday.

There was silence on the phone for a few seconds and then I hear a little giggle.

He said, "I'm sorry to have wasted your time" and hung up.

That was easy. I guess he didn't want to any further details of my long term investment plan.

1 comment:

muchacha con los vidrios said...

Haha very creative. I usually let the machine pick up. I tell myself that if they are calling the landline then it must not be important since I give everyone I know my cell and everyone I know knows to leave a message.

Elida