Friday, October 23, 2009

Beer Night

Tonight, Meg is going to have a few beers. This was such a long week.

Today, there are five kiddos home. Jack is the only one that went to school. I *could* have sent Sam, Will and Libby, but really, what would have been the point? Besides, this gives them a few days to *really* get better so that we can start a normal week on Monday (what is 'normal', anyway?).

I worked the past two nights. I do like my job, but it's hard to work knowing there are kiddos at home that don't feel very well.

OH!! BUYER BEWARE! Okay, so I had a patient last night with a red, angry, rapidly spreading infection on her inner thighs. I took care of her on Tuesday also. Last night, I asked her how she thinks the infection started.

So, apparently, she went to a craft fair (first mistake). There was a vendor there selling some type of tape that is "the new hot item" for athletes to buy (it's like a tape material). She said a roll that came packaged in plastic was expensive, so the vendor offered to sell her a few strips that were already opened at a lower cost (second VERY BIG mistake). She used a strip or two (third BIGGEST mistake). Within a few days, the infection on her leg started.

Now, she has MRSA (something you totally don't want...google it if you don't believe me).

Needless to say, don't buy opened goods and then use them. Better yet, don't buy anything from a craft fair....you never know how things are treated, cooked, stored or made. YUCKY!

No comments: