Friday, September 25, 2009

Good Week...

Work is awesome. I love it. My father has always been right-when you have a job you love, it isn't 'work'.

I am working on the Women's Health floor. This is so my thing. I feel inspired again.

It was tough going back. I felt a little lonely at first, thinking of all of the kiddos at home. The kids always ask me what I do at the hospital and I tell them that I help people get better. I think it's important for children to see their parents helping others. And this, well, this job isn't always easy, and we see a lot of sad situations, but at the end of the day, I can come home and know that I've made a difference in someones life. That is powerful.

So, I've come to the conclusion that I have two powerful jobs. Being a mother, and being a healer.

No comments: