Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Birthday...

...To me. Today, I turned 32 and while that is depressing all in itself, the we had a wonderful day! This is the first year in three years that it hasn't rained on my birthday. In fact, today was sunny, beautiful and 92 degrees! And, as most of you know, I HATE hot weather with a passion, but it was an added gift to turn on the air conditioning!!

We went to Dan's Home Depot store this morning. We were there yesterday morning buying colorful flowers for our bucket in the front yard and last year, Dan made a flower garden for me on the side of the house and we couldn't remember how long it was, so I didn't buy anything for that yesterday. Hence, our trip back to the Depot today.

We bought three beautiful rose bushes. They will bloom these big, wonderful white roses, known as the JFK roses. Dan teased me about buying "democratic roses", but then reassured me that JFK was a "different kind of democrat" - LOL! Regardless, the are perfect and while they were a pain to plant, I can't wait for them to bloom!

We went to my parents house for a bbq tonight. Dan bought me a BlackBerry Curve for me. I was so excited. I have wanted one for a while, but had a hard time justifying it. I'm an organized person (for the most part), so I love the organizing aspect of it. It will take me a while to learn to use, but I can't wait (it's charging now).

My parents gave me my favorite lotion (and we're not talking anything you can buy at Walgreens...I hate that cheap stuff...they don't work and they break my skin out.). They also bought me a pedicure to a fav place of mine, that will be wonderful right before the baby is born. Ginger Bay's pedicure last EIGHT weeks and, yes, I will spend money to pamper myself in that way every once in a while. They also bought me an super cute maternity top. I guess you gotta attempt to look cute when you look like a hippo :)

The boys were off of school today, so it was nice to spend the day together. A lot of work for me, but worth it. The kids love birthdays and would celebrate the dogs' birthday if we let them. They will even ask us why they can't go to their cousin's birthday parties (and that would be because my brother and sister-in-law live 800 miles away in Baltimore - lol!).

Anywho, that was the day. Awesome in every aspect.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Happy happy birthday, Meg! Sounds like a fabulous day. And being 32 isn't all that bad, really! :) It's really all in our head, you know, only as old as you feel and all that.

Meg Barry said...

adam's birthday is coming up soon too, right? how are you guys celebrating his special day?

Laura said...

yep. his birthday is april 28th. we're having gma and gpa over for a bbq and cake and ice cream. keeping it simple. we figure he'll really never know the difference, right?

Meg Barry said...

we keep all of our kids bday parties simple like that! those are the best parties anyway..!