Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Slow Down and Enjoy Life

Things have been busy around here. There is a lot going on. I've been under a lot of stress. And I hate that. Meg cannot function under stress.

So this past Tuesday morning when the other kiddos were in school, I took Anne to the park. Sure it was chilly, but the sun was out, and it was just the two of us.

I took her to this park not far from our house that also has horses. It has a small nature trail and a nice playground. I could go there everyday, it's so pretty and relaxing.

Anne took one look at the swings and took off running as fast as her short, chunky little legs would carry her.

I put her in one of the swings for little people and started to push her.

She suddenly had a smile from ear to ear and let out so many huge belly laughs that I had to laugh with her. She would throw her head back, clapping her hands and letting the cold air hit her in the face.

I just stopped for a minute and watch her. And I realized that life doesn't get any better than those few minutes. The way the swing brought her utter joy, the way we had a morning to spent together, the way we didn't notice how chilly that cold air really was. Pure innocence. Pure happiness.

We have so many moments like this with our children. We are lucky parents to have them in our lives.

No comments: