Thursday, February 12, 2009

Get Your Tubes Tied, Seriously.

I have a problem with the mother who just had 8 babies. At first, she didn't bother me. I figured that if she could 'handle' 14 children, then it wasn't my place to judge.

And then, come to find out, she doesn't have a job, she has 6 other children at home, she does not have a spouse and her poor parents are having to shelter and help 'provide' for them.

While I support large families and I am fully against abortion, I think what this mother has done is irresponsible and unfair to these children.

On top of it, she's a liar.

I don't know how she can sit on national television and say she doesn't want anything for free and doesn't accept money to support her children. She does, in fact, receive money in food stamps and disability for a few of her children. You can't feed 14 children on $490/month. That is impossible.

Today, on the news, it is fact that a family website has been made for her and her children, and a link to where people can 'donate' money to them.

IS SHE KIDDING?

I have an idea for this mother....GET A JOB.

I don't work my ass off working 40 hours a week for the fun of it. I do this so that my children can live comfortably. I CAN'T STAND mothers who feel as if it is their RIGHT to stay at home, even though they struggle to pay bills and put food on the table. Don't complain about money if you aren't 'willing' to work.

Maybe she should have thought about adoption. There are so many childless families in in our country that would give their kidney for a baby.

She gives large families a bad name and I wish she would just go away.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Call me crazy but I really don't care as long as she loves them. I think she's bitten off more than she can chew, but then again, she didn't intend to have octuplets this time. Fourteen kids under the age of seven?? I can't imagine. But at least she didn't abort them. I hope she does her very best to give them all that they need and to make the best of the situation. I believe she is almost done with her masters and then will be getting a job. She's getting roasted by the media and I'm tired of it. I'm honestly more disturbed that she's not married than that she has fourteen kids.

Meg Barry said...

children should not have to suffer the 'sins' of their parent, kwim? i feel sorry for the children for being raised in an unstable situation. and, in reality, it shouldn't bother me either as i am not a taxpayer in cali.

Laura said...

but you're assuming they'll suffer. who knows... maybe she can handle it. i couldn't, but i can't say for sure that she can't. women used to have that many kids all the time. of course, they weren't all under seven! lol

Meg Barry said...

i understand your point, but imo, if you can't provide the basic necessities for your children, yes, they deserve better. in this day in age, a master's degree cannot support 14 children. and what will she do for child care so that she can work? i am sure she loves these children with all of her heart, but love alone does not put food on the table.

Laura said...

Depending on what her masters in, a masters might be able to support fourteen kids. How do the Duggars do it? There are plenty of large families who do fine with no more than a masters, and maybe even less education. For right now, while she's in school, i guess she is on food stamps but that's hopefully a temporary situation until she gets her education done. As for childcare, maybe she's almost done with school, maybe she takes classes on line, or in the evening while they sleep. Maybe she has compassionate friends, willing to help out until she gets this figured out. I don't know... I'm just glad she didn't abort. Yes, she has acted irresponsibly, there's no doubt. She's a single mom with no job who has intentionally gotten pregnant through in vitro at least six times (one set of twins in her younger six kids)in the last seven years. But now her only option is to make the best of it. Bottom line to me though is that the most important thing you can give a child is love. Well, and food! lol As long as she can supply those, it's not my place to judge.