Friday, January 9, 2009

Back To Normal...

...Well, as normal as we get around here. I am off of working days, which I am totally thrilled about. I took the kids to school this morning. I haven't been able to do that for five weeks and I missed it a lot. And this morning I thought for sure it would be chaotic since I haven't been on their morning routine for weeks, but it was unusually calm and organized as it always has been.

The weather was beautiful today. It was close to 60. I am so happy I had the day off. The girls and I had a wonderful morning outside. I figured I had better enjoy it, tomorrow high is only going to be 29. Gotta love the midwest.

So, I was able to catch up on some of my message boards.

Hey, DD, I thought of you and your post about message board ladies. You are right, they can be CrAzY. I started a little fight on one of mine today. I mean, god forbid someone actually has their own opinion. Well, they didn't like mine.

Laura, it's post 43 (you'll get a kick out of it) - I'll email you details about it.

And let me just say that while I support large families and the philosophies of large families, I do not support those who have more than they can financially handle. If you can't afford proper medical insurance, and the basic living needs and expect the government and tax payers to help support you and your dozen kids, then maybe it's time to think about getting your tubes tied. Seriously. I'm sure the tax payers would be more than happy to pay for that 'elective' surgery (<--that was part of my debate today on the board).

This may be Land of the Free, but this is not Land-of-the-free-handouts.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Ahh..the "Land of Free Loaders". Gotta love it!!

I agree with you...people should not have more children than they can financially handle. I'm not a fan of the Duggers, but they are a perfect example of an extremely large family who found a way to pay for all of their kids. If they can do it, why can't anyone else?!

Laura said...

Have to go check out #43... lol you trouble maker, you!